More Rules & Information
Walk/Run/Bike for Umstead
1. Help increase your support: Tell others about the event.
2. This is a non-alcoholic, family event.
3. Spectators are welcome at no charge.
4. Dogs are welcome with runners/walkers, but must be kept on a 6-foot leash (dogs do not get an official time)
5. Bike tours are guided by TORC volunteers, pleasure rides - no racing. Helmets required (no helmet, no ride); fat tires recommended.
6. Race timing for runners by Carolina Godiva Track Club. Official race timing will continue for 1 hour; self-timing for 1.5 hours. Awards for top racers from Inside Out Sports will be given when cross the finish line. The fastest overall female, male, and child will be accounced from the stage and also recieive their gift certificates from Great Outdoor Provision Company.
Top 4 in each adult category win. Top 3 in child. Male and female.
Age 12 and under (Child)
Age 13-29 (Adult)
Age 30-39 (Adult Plus)
Age 40-49 (Master)
Age 50-59 (Master Plus)
Age 60 and over (Senior)
PLEASE, only go through the race timing finish line if you have completed the entire 4-mile run/walk (no bikers). Bikers and non 4-milers, go through alternative shoot.
Must get a card at 2 mile turn-around to show full 4-miles completed.
7. NO refunds, no transfers. No rain date. Event goes rain or shine.
8. All runners, walkers, and bikers must wear their bib on shirt front during event.
9. Funds raised will be used by The Umstead Coalition to control invasive plants, offer environmental education, and assist with land acquisition for William B. Umstead State Park.