SUPPORT William B. Umstead State Park and enjoy a great day on Park Trails, listening to great music, and enjoying children activities. Thanks to Triangle Off Road Cylists (TORC) for the Tour de TORC guided bike rides and Carolina Godiva Track Club for race timing!!
Thanks to all for supporting William B. Umstead State Park.
Musicians (Subject to change):
- Nixon Blevins and Gage
- Bett Padgett
- Rachel Wilde
- Brien Barbour
- Bruce Emery
- Saint Francis Brass Quintet
- Mike Guitard
- Jane Hunt, Gisela Flemming, Joyce Hren, and Gini Emigh
- Jim Long
- Andrew Kasab
- and more....
Goodie bags include great stuff like:
Awesome event T-shirt
Map of trails in Umstead State Park with mileage distances
15% Coupon for Great Outdoor Provision Co
15% Coupons for Inside Out Sports
20% Coupon for Outdoor Bird Company
15% Coupon for Sassool Mediterranean Cafe, Strickland Road
10% Coupon for Al Star
Food gift from Neomonde Deli
Discounted Chiropractic exam from Tobin Family Chiropractic
Discount coupon for Raleigh Orthopaedic
Early Bird discount through April 10
- Child (under age 13 $20 ($15 through April 10)
- Adult (age 13-39) $40 ($30 through April 10)
- Master (age 40-64) $40 ($30 through April 10)
- Senior (age 65+) $35 ($35 through April 10)
First 75 registrants get "Farm to Feet" socks from Great Outdoor Provision Company.
Spectators welcome at no charge
Other items available to buy to support Umstead State Park will include:
- T-shirts (this year's and previous) $15
- Native Plants ($3 to $20) - includes: purple coneflower, blazing star, cardinal flower, swamp sunflower, Black-eyed Susan, New England Aster, aromatic aster, swamp milkweed, common milkweed, butterfly weed, obedient plant, beautyberry, black & blue salvia, autumn joy sedum, purple hyacinth bean
- Umstead State Park Hats $15
- Topos of William B. Umstead State Park $10 (Laminated)
- and more....
Official race timing will be provided by Carolina Godiva Track Club for 1 hour. Self-timing will continue until 1.5 hours after walk/run start.
The prizes will be awarded to fastest finishers (male and female) in these age groups:
Child, age 12 and under (top 3)
Adult, age 13-29 (top 4)
Adult Plus, age 30-39 (top 4)
Master, age 40-49 (top 4)
Master Plus, age 50-59 (top 4)
Senior, age 60 and over (top 4)
Race prizes from Inside Out Sports will be awarded to the above winners as they cross the finish line.
In addition, gift cards from Great Outdoor Provision will awarded to the fastest female ($100 gift card)), male ($100 gift card) and child ($50 gift card). These 3 winners will be announced and awarded from the stage.
Must get a card at 2 mile turn-around to show full 4-miles
4-, 7- mile and 12- mile bike tours:
Triangle Off-Road Bike Club (TORC) will provide guided rides within the Park. This is not a race. You must provide your own bike. Trails are gravel, so mountain or hybrid bike is recommended. Helmets are required. The number of participants on the bike tours are capped at 100 for trail safety.
Maps are provided (and signs will be posted along route).
Private meadow next to the Park (NOT a normal Park entrance). From Wade Ave, go N on Blue Ridge Road, left on Reedy Creek Road, Raleigh.
Arrive early (no entry during the start of the Bike or the Walk/Run).6000 Reedy Creek Road, Raleigh
Drinking Water on-site:
We are trying to minimize our bottle usage. We will still have bottled water on the site. AND, we will also have large containers of water in which you can fill up your water bottle.
We will have a recycling, compost and landfill station behind the large food tent. We are self-recycling this year, please try to sort waste carefully.
FREE Snack Food:
- Fruit and water at 3 aid stations along the trail.
- Trail Mix cookies donated by Groovy Duck Bakery
- Protein bars and pockets prepared by Delight Foods (vegetarian) to participants of walk, run, or bike.
- Humas and pita bread donated by Sassool Mediterranean Cafe
- Fruit donated by RH Produce
- Fruit leather from Trader Joe's
- and more....
2016 T-shirt features the stunning belted kingfisher. The bird is on the back, the "I love William B. Umstead State Park is a small printing on the front).
The belted kingfisher's habitat is along streams and lakes in our Park. It nests in banks. It makes a loud dry rattle. The female has an additional rusty breastband.
The t-shirt is an amazing fabric. Color "Willow" (a darkish green). Style is Authentic brand, pigment XtraFine T-shirt. It's 5oz 100% combed ringspun cotton and it so SO soft! Double-needle stitching throughout, Garment-dyed in the USA for a soft, lived-in feel. Youth style is 5.6oz. Some sizes in youth and long sleeve are a different color and fabric.