3. Spectators are welcome at no charge.
4. Dogs are welcome with runners/walkers, but must be kept on a 6-foot leash (dogs do not get an official time)
5. Bike tours are guided by Triangle Off-Road Cyclists (TORC) volunteers, pleasure rides - no racing. Helmets required (no helmet, no ride); fat tires recommended. A RunGo App will be set up for self timing.
6. Race timing for runners by Carolina Godiva Track Club. Official race timing will continue for 1 hour; self-timing for 1.5 hours. Awards for top racers given from the stage after race. NEW! Results will be immediately be available on a laptop monitor near the stage AND available on a web site you can see from your phone!
To get a timing chip for the race timing, you must register by Thursday April 21 (2 days prior to event).
The fastest overall female, male and child will also be announced from the stage and also receive their gift certificates from Great Outdoor Provision Company.
Electronic timing for the runners and walkers who finish within 1 hour! The results will be posted immediately following race.
Top 4 in each adult category win. Top 3 in child (must be completed under own power, no assists or strollers). Male and female. 46 total winners.
- Age 12 and under (Child)
- Age 13-29 (Adult)
- Age 30-39 (Adult Plus)
- Age 40-49 (Master)
- Age 50-59 (Master Plus)
- Age 60 and over (Senior)
Please, only go through the race timing finish line if you have completed the entire 4-mile run/walk (no bikers). Bikers and non 4-milers, go through alternative shoot.
Must get a card at 2 mile turn-around to show full 4-miles completed.
7. NO refunds, no transfers. No rain date. Event goes rain or shine.
8. All runners, walkers, and bikers must wear their bib on shirt front during event.
9. All event participants (no matter how far you walk/run/bike), get a special treat after the finish line.
10. Funds raised will be used by The Umstead Coalition to protect our Park, offer environmental education and assist with land acquisition for William B. Umstead State Park.